Welcome to Spires Academy
I am immensely proud to be the Principal of Spires Academy and to be leading the school in delivering improved outcomes which will transform the lives of the young people we serve. I am deeply committed to providing personalised pathways and a rich personal development curriculum in an inclusive setting that will enable all our pupils to be successful. As educators we play a pivotal role in ensuring each and every one of our pupils reaches their destination, be that further education, training or employment.
Education for the 21st Century is a Trust built on the core values of trust, kindness and endeavour, values which I strongly believe in and values that can help Spires Academy prepare pupils for the challenges that will face them in an ever-changing world. The 21st Century will change more rapidly than ever before and as educators we need to ensure we provide our pupils with the skills and knowledge they need to adapt to the unknown and to embrace the future.
I work hard to forge strong links with the local community and look forward to welcoming our families and friends to the school. I am committed to ensuring Spires Academy is your school of choice, a place where your child can thrive, feel safe and be happy. I firmly believe every child has a right to a brilliant education and I will work tirelessly with the support of E21C and all the fantastic staff at Spires Academy to ensure we provide this.’
Anna Burden - Principal
- Pupils feel safe because the school rules make clear how pupils should behave and treat one another with respect.
- In English, pupils build an impressive linguistic vocabulary. This is used to contrast themes within the ambitious texts.
- Assemblies teach pupils the important values of ‘respect, responsibility and resilience’, which are key to being a ‘Spires pupil’
- Every pupil with SEND has a tailored support plan. Staff use these well to adapt learning to meet pupils’ needs.
- Leaders have clear plans in place to enrich the personal development and talents of all pupils.