Why Choose Spires?
A small school with a big heart
- Spires Academy offers a distinctive small school environment and is justly proud of its reputation as a place where each individual is well known, listened to and encouraged to be the best they can be.
- We work hard to provide a safe and happy environment within which every student can grow and achieve personal, social and academic success.
Learning and Achievement
- We are proud of our inclusive approach and strive to ensure that learning is enjoyable and seen as a lifelong process.
Teachers are passionate about their work and ambitious for their pupils’ achievement. They have very high expectations of pupils and set them stretching targets. Pupils rise to the challenge, displaying an enthusiasm for learning and a desire to do the very best they can.
Behaviour and Personal Development
- The Academy is characterised by a calm, orderly atmosphere.
- We put clear boundaries in place, establish effective routines and build strong relationships.
- There is a positive climate for learning that can be felt from the moment you enter the Academy.
Pupils conduct themselves well in lessons and around the school site. They are polite to visitors and talk with pride about their school and their achievements.
Despite our small size the opportunities we provide are huge:
- Our Sporting Academy programme, supported by professional coaching in Gymnastics, Equestrian, Golf, Football and Cricket, has resulted in county and national successes.
- Our Performing Arts Academy Programme in Dance, Acting and Music has resulted in performances on local stages and work with The Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Our Academic Scholars’ Programme is wide and varied and includes debating, university masterclasses and classical studies (Latin) at The King’s School, with several of our students being accepted onto the Oxford University summer school.