FROM PRIMARY TO SECONDARY
KCC publishes information on how to apply for a secondary school and this is published on the KCC website.
KCC is responsible for making sure:
- that parents/carers can express their preference for a school place for their child
- that parents/carers have access to the information which helps them to make up their minds
- that every child is offered an appropriate school place.
At Spires Academy all parents are invited to attend an Open Evening where they will have an opportunity to meet the Principal, staff, Governors and students and tour the Academy. Those parents who wish to see the Academy during normal hours can attend one of our Open Mornings and take a tour with one of our Ambassador students.
Parent/Carers will then complete a Secondary Common Application Form (SCAF), stating their school preferences.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSIONS
Spires Academy Admission Arrangements for entrance into Year 7
The Trustees welcome applications from parents/carers who fully subscribe to our ethos and are prepared to support us in our drive for ever improving standards. Spires is a non-selective and inclusive Academy and welcomes students regardless of their aptitude or ability. The Trustee board is the Admissions Authority and as such is responsible for the administration of the admissions arrangements and for any appeals.
If the number of applications for places at the academy is greater than the admission number (150), applications will be considered against the criteria set below.
After the admission of children with statements of special educational needs/Education Health Care Plan (EHCP), where the Academy is named in part IV of the statement/recorded in the Plan, we will use the following factors, in priority order, to decide which students will be given places:
- Children in Local Authority Care or Previously in Local Authority Care
- Current Family Association
- Medical, health, social and special access reasons
- Distance of home from the Academy
Should you require further details then please read our full Admissions Policy or contact the school office.