New for 2018 our Scholars Academy is aimed at our most academically able students.
Our Scholars students are taught together in the core lessons of Maths, English, Science, Geography, History and French for Years 7 & 8. They have a specialist Mentor who will focus on raising their aspirations and giving them exposure to a wide range of academic experiences. This includes utilising our strong partnership with The King’s School Canterbury.
They will have opportunities to be involved in:
- A Canterbury Cathedral Project looking at cross-curricula ideas from philosophy, religion to Art History
- Learning classics and Latin
- Debating and competing against other schools
- University of Kent Mathematics Masterclasses
- Christchurch College University outreach events and visits
- Supported applications to the University of Oxford experience including having an allocated University Mentor and residential visits during the summer and Easter holidays
- Opportunities to become involved in other University Projects such as the Southampton University Maritime Residential Summer Project