Open Day 2020
To prospective Year 7 - 2021 Students and Families
We are aware that it is a very difficult time for families who now have the additional pressure of choosing a secondary school for September.
A number of people have contacted us asking to visit and see the school. It has been heart-breaking for us to say no as we always enjoy the buzz of having visitors and our students love to showcase their school. We are a small school and taking into account that there has been a positive case reported in a Canterbury school this week, we feel it is just too risky to invite families into school whilst the school is open. The health and safety of our students, staff and wider community is paramount.
However, having carried out an extensive risk assessment we have decided to open our doors on Saturday 17th October 2020 to allow families who have not had the opportunity to visit, a chance to view the facilities.
This will be a be a ticketed event which will ensure we can keep the numbers manageable and as safe as possible.
The event will run from 9am and we will shut the doors at 3pm. We will issue 15 tickets per half hour; each ticket will allow one family group to enter the academy. A family group should be no more than 4 people (including adults/children).
If you are interested in a visit, this is how it will work:
- Book a ticket for your family using Eventbrite (please book only one ticket per family). The link is on our website on the Year 7 Admission 2021 tab or at the bottom of this page.
- Arrive at the academy during the half hour your ticket gives you entry. Please scan the QR Code with the NHS Covid-19 App. Anyone who refuses to scan the QR code will not be allowed to enter the academy.
- On arrival you will be asked to sanitise your hands and show your ticket as confirmation of booking.
- All adults and children over the age of 12 will be asked to wear a face mask at all times. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a face mask, we will allow you to wear a visor. Unfortunately, we will not be able to welcome anyone over the age of 12 who is not wearing a face mask or visor.
- You will be able to tour the school as a family group and we ask you to maintain a 2m social distance from all other families when walking around.
- There will not be any of our students on site, but there will be limited staff available who will happily answer questions you may have.
- We will have limited classrooms open so that you can see what they look like, but there will not be any students work or books on view.
- You will be able to stay as long as you want to and once you have entered the Academy you are not limited to your 30 minute slot.
Should any of your family show any symptoms of COVID before the event, or you have been required to self -isolate, please contact us to cancel your booking.